Members of the Silk Road Ensemble performing at Museum Rietberg in Zurich, Switzerland
© WILL KRACHER
The Silk Road Ensemble has performed in 29 countries in more than 10 venues, ranging from concert halls to stadiums to museum galleries, including:
- Carnegie Hall – New York
- Hollywood Bowl – California
- Suntory Hall – Tokyo
- Chicago’s Millennium – Chicago
- Royal Albert Hall – London
- Shanghai Stadium – China
- Hong Kong Cultural Center – Hong Kong
- Benaroya Hall – Seattle
The Silk Road Ensemble has performed at festivals around the world, including:
- World Expo 2005 – Nagoya, Japan
- BBC Proms – London, England
- Lucerne Festival – Lucerne, Switzerland
- Tanglewood Music Festival – Lenox, MA, U.S.
- Ravinia Festival – Highland Park, IL, U.S.
In addition to presenting new and traditional music, the Silk Road Project is also committed to exploring the visual and narrative traditions from the countries along the historic trade route and has developed several multimedia performances based on the interplay among music, visual art, film and storytelling.